Red Hat Enterprise 6.2

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1 303 722 7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Mar 29 10:24:33 EDT 2013

Hi all,

      Sadly, I must concur with all that has been said here, at least the
negative stuff. I couldn't get them to turn Speakup on in the Fedora
kernel, even though the modules are right there in staging. Happily,
there's an organization called RPM Fusion. They provide add on modules for
Fedora that the Fedora project won't include. They were happy to build the
Speakup modules for their staging package. I build Fedora 18 with the
stuff from RPM Fusion and can make it available to anyone who wants it.
Installation would require a kickstart script, or the dreaded sighted
assistance. I know that this doesn't help with RHEL, but since Fedora was
mentioned, I thought I'd chime in.

           Hope this helps someone.

--
           Bill in Denver