reccommended email client with speakup

acollins at icsmail.net acollins at icsmail.net
Sat Jun 29 01:58:33 EDT 2013

I have used nmh for the last 20 years, and loveit!  Not only does it
give you a suite of small shell commands to work with, but it stores
messages in individual files with in a Mail folder in your home
directory.  That means you can use other utilities on the system to help
manipulate  mail.  It's also expensible, so you can write other shell
commands, or even programs in c or python.  I used to use fetchmail to
get my mail from my isp's server, but something they changed broke it,
so it could no longer authorize itself, and thus, couldn't get mail.
So, I switched over to something called mpop, and call it from a script
running as a back ground job.  That works quite well, and has the nice
advantage of lettingme play a newmail sound, when ever it detects mail
on the server.

Geme