external hard drive weirdness

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Tue Jun 25 01:27:29 EDT 2013

I have seen this, but in my case Windows did not have the problems.  In
my case if I booted from power off the enclosure was recognized.  Also,
this seems to vary with different enclosures, so for instance my
Roseweil had more problems, the ones from Startec had less problems.
Also, recent kernels may help as well.