need some accessible command-line tools

Mike Ray mike at raspberryvi.org
Wed Jun 19 20:26:13 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm going to throw in a vote for Emacs/Emacspeak here.  Steep learning
curve...which some people disagree with but I think it's true.  But when
you get a handle on the various modes available for editing in different
formats it is possible to really be productive.

One of the members of Raspberry VI is currently climbing the learning
curve very quickly and is producing amazing results.

It's possible to launch Emacs/Emacspeak at the start of the day and get
everything done without leaving it.  Except Javascript enabled web
browsing perhaps :(

Mike

On 20/06/2013 00:35, Sean Murphy wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Does any one have good documentation on how to understand/use Tshark and TCPDump other then the manual? Even scripts that can extract net flows from the stream of network traffic?
>
> Sean
> On 20/06/2013, at 7:39 AM, Gregory Nowak <greg at gregn.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Don,
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 02:23:51PM -0700, Don Raikes wrote:
>>> 1.       Pdf to text/html conversion (found pdftohtml, but not pdftotext).
>> On my debian squeeze system, pdftotext is in the poppler-utils package.
>>
>>> 3.       Text-based network management tool.
>>>
>> I think /etc/network/interfaces, if-up/if-down and associated packages
>> do a good job here. Is there specific network functionality you have
>> in mind not covered by what debian uses by default?
>>
>> Greg
>>

>> --
>> web site: http://www.gregn..net
>> gpg public key: http://www.gregn..net/pubkey.asc
>> skype: gregn1
>> (authorization required, add me to your contacts list first)
>>
>> --
>> Free domains: http://www.eu.org/ or mail dns-manager at EU.org

Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/