UPS backup musings

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sat Jun 15 23:13:20 EDT 2013

For reference, I have a 750VA UPS powering about 300W that will run for
about 30 minutes with questionable batteries.  One thing to also keep in
mind is if you want software control of the UPS (on linux usually
APCUPSD or NUT).  Not all UPS's are supported by these programs, and
newer units are harder to find support, so looking at HCLs is worth the
time.