/etc/network/interfaces

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Jun 13 21:57:33 EDT 2013

Don Raikes <don.raikes at oracle.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I haven't looked at wpasupplicant yet, but is there any kind of quick and dirty tutorial on how to get debian up and running on a wireless network?
>
> I have both wired and wireless connections here, and would like ot be able to use the wireless when I move from office to office (actually from my home office to the family room :-) ).

I'm no wireless expert, but I think the usual configuration, if you have two
access points, is to set them up so that they're on the same wireless network,
with the same essid. You can then run your Linux devices in infrastructure
mode and there are plenty of tutorials out on the Web for configuring that.