espeakup and archlinux with gnome

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Mon Jul 29 17:01:15 EDT 2013

Try this. Do ctrl+alt+f2 to get into your second console, which I
assume is your next free text console. Press numpad-8 a few times. You
may have to do this for as much as half a minute, but you should hear
espeakup eventually read the current line. This is what works for me
if I need to use espeakup while another application using pulseaudio
is running at the same time. Your mileage may vary. HTH.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn..net
gpg public key: http://www.gregn..net/pubkey.asc