ot memory allocation question

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Fri Jul 19 11:18:55 EDT 2013

covici at ccs.covici.com writes:

> So could we use this inspeakup to write and read from a serial device --
> thus circumventing most of our serial problems?

No.  We discussed this several years ago, and we concluded that it won't
work.  It's pretty much infeasible to use the tty devices (/dev/ttyS*)
from kernel space.  That discussion might be available in the list
archives.  I've been told that the solution to our serial problems in
Speakup is to write a tty line discipline.  I don't really understand
how to do it.

-- Chris