OT: looking for resources

Don Raikes don.raikes at oracle.com
Thu Jul 18 01:24:05 EDT 2013

Wow,  this group is great!

I got my kmalloc to work, figured out I had the test for success backward :-(

Now that I have memory allocated, I am trying to copy a character array from userspace into kernel space with the command:

If (copy_from_user(&tbuf, buf, count))

Which according to my printk statements succeeds. However, I then get a kernel page fault and the whole thing comes crashing down.
Any suggestions on how to debug this?
The only thing I can see in the dump is that it looks like it is in kfree.