OT: looking for resources

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Thu Jul 18 00:07:20 EDT 2013

Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> writes:

> If you have access to bookshare.org, you can also read Bovet and Cesati,
> Understanding the Linux Kernel, 3rd ed. (O'Reilly). It covers 2.6.11.

The Linux Device Drivers book is on Bookshare as well.
If I remember correctly, Understanding the Linux Kernel explains kernel
internals, rather than the procedures involved in kernel programming.
In other words, Understanding the Linux Kernel deals with theory, and
Linux Device Drivers deals with practice.
That's how it looked to me, at least.
I suspect that the two texts complement each other very well.

-- Chris