OT: looking for resources

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Wed Jul 17 22:07:13 EDT 2013

Don Raikes <don.raikes at oracle.com> writes:

> While I have taken a class in c programming and have spent the last
> several days scouring the internet for resources, I am wondering if
> anyone on this list might have some good tips on getting started with
> kernel programming real fast.

> Unfortunately the assignment is due on Sunday, but my biggest problem
> at the moment is allocating memory in the kernel.

I learned from a book called Linux Device Drivers.
It's available online in HTML format.  Just use Google.
If you want plain text, ask me off-list.
Unfortunately, the book was written for the 2.6.x kernels, and its age
is starting to show.  In fact, I don't think the sample programs will
still compile without some modification.

HTH,
-- Chris