speakup goes oops/bye-bye on wheezy

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Tue Jul 2 07:32:12 EDT 2013

I removed everyone from the audio group and I have the kernel configs as
suggested and I get my user name from the command, but no joy and here
is the output from list-sinks run as my user when the daemon is running.

Welcome to PulseAudio! Use "help" for usage information.
>>> 1 sink(s) available.
  * index: 0
        name: <auto_null>
        driver: <module-null-sink.c>
        flags: DECIBEL_VOLUME LATENCY FLAT_VOLUME DYNAMIC_LATENCY
        state: RUNNING
        suspend cause:
        priority: 1000
        volume: 0: 100% 1: 100%
                0: -0.00 dB 1: -0.00 dB
                balance 0.00
        base volume: 100%
                     0.00 dB
        volume steps: 65537
        muted: no
        current latency: 4.24 ms
        max request: 5 KiB
        max rewind: 5 KiB
        monitor source: 0
        sample spec: s16le 2ch 44100Hz
        channel map: front-left,front-right
                     Stereo
        used by: 1
        linked by: 1
        configured latency: 31.25 ms; range is 0.50 .. 2000.00 ms
        module: 12
        properties:
                device.description = "Dummy Output"
                device.class = "abstract"