learning emacs

acollins at icsmail.net acollins at icsmail.net
Thu Jan 24 12:19:58 EST 2013

Emacs works just fine with Speakup.  There is a separate screen reader
called Emacs Speak, but it's not necessary.  It's big drawback is that
it only works from inside emacs, where as Speakup works both inside and
outside of emacs.  In other words, Emacs Speak was written to work
primarily with emacs, while Speakup is written to work with a wide
variety of programs on a system wide basis.  I'd choose to use Speakup
every time, rather than a program written to work only with one editor.

Gene Collins