looking for a "good" accessible linux distro

Kelly Prescott kprescott at coolip.net
Tue Jan 15 14:36:57 EST 2013

I suggest Debian  or Arch.
Debian works out of the box as long as you use software speech, and you
can use the modified arch installer for Arch if you choose that.
I am not sure if the Debian installer talks, because I build my debian
images in the Amazon cloud and then download them and image them onto the
hard drives I use.
It is a strange process, but I get the exact stuff I want installed for
each machine.
I also maintain a "shell" machine which is a netbook running Debian
Testing that I use to connect to any machine that only has ssh access.