odd behavior?

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Mon Jan 14 19:00:52 EST 2013

My guess is that what you are experiencing is the echos of the
keystrokes being spoken when they are sent to the actual screen from
the other sites.  When you turn off key echo in speakup it stops
voicing the keystrokes as they are typed in.  On a fast situation
where you hit the key and the kernel outputs it immediately you don't
realize the keys are being voiced when you type them.  On a remote
system you will sometimes hear them spoken because speakup isn't
identifying the keystrokes coming back with the keys you are typing.

   Kirk

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Rob Hudson wrote:

> Ok this is kind of an odd problem
>
> I turned off key echo and it works. Now, on my terminal I have a screen session running, and within that screen session I have ssh sessions going to my remote servers, which also have screen sessions running on them. If I go to those remote screen sessions, my keys start echoing again. What's happening here?

Well that's it then, colour me gone!