CentOS and speakup

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-speakup at pcdesk.net
Mon Feb 25 20:18:16 EST 2013

Howdy folks,
I was wondering if anyone here had managed to install CentOS, preferably
version 6 and maybe also 5.5 without sighted assistance. I need to be
able to perform basic installs, just saying "install everything" is not
an ok thing to do in this situation. Also, it has to be CentOS; it can't
be anything else. Is there a way to get speakup working on this distro?
Also, not as big of a deal, but can Orca and gnome be made to work? I'm
used to using a customized version of Gentoo for my Linux needs, so I
really don't know how to even start since I generally don't use Red Hat
based distributions. Any pointers would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
Joe