accessible system rescue cd project

Don Raikes DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM
Mon Feb 18 11:22:43 EST 2013

Tony,

Thanks for the comments I will fix the wiki page.

No there isn't a download link yet just putting the finishing touches on the cd hopefully today.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Baechler [mailto:tony at baechler.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:42 AM
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
Subject: Re: accessible system rescue cd project

Your wiki has a major error.  Knoppix itself doesn't come up talking, but if you download the special CD image, it does come up talking on my system.
The only difference between the regular Knoppix CD and Adriane is that Adriane is mastered with the "adriane" boot parameter already included when the CD boots so it doesn't have to be entered by hand.  It doesn't use Speakup though.  It is not true that Knoppix Adriane doesn't come up talking on its own assuming the user burns the special Adriane CD image.  If it doesn't come up talking on your system, it's either a bug or your sound card isn't supported.

Also, I didn't see a download link for your CD image, but I didn't look that closely.

On 2/15/2013 10:59 AM, Don Raikes wrote:

> After a ll the discussion on this topic over the last few weeks, I have decided to proceed to create an accessible system rescue cd.
>

> I am hosting the project at:
>
> http://acres.java.net
>

> I welcome all contributions/suggestions.

Have a good day,
Tony Baechler
tony at baechler.net