creating a speakup cli cd

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 6 11:19:11 EST 2013

I just tested my instructions and they worked for grml-2012-05 which I
believe is the latest version.

The change to having to do a "modprobe speakup_soft" and then "espeakup"
happened in just the version before last (2011-11). So I don't think it
is going to change again any time soon. The grml developers
understandably want to stick as much as possible with standard debian
tools. So they include the speakup modules and a few blind friendly
packages like espeakup and brltty. But other than that, the disk is not
customized for blind people. In a way that's a good thing because it
means these accomodations (such as they are) are less likely to break
and/or get left out of a release.