creating a speakup cli cd

Don Raikes DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM
Tue Feb 5 15:55:27 EST 2013

Peter,

I would like to create exactly this kind of cd but include some other cyber security tools as well, so if you can provide me a list of applications to include, I would be happy to add them to the list.

I agree that this kind of cd is imperative to a system administrator, or simply for anyone who needs to do his own system maintenance/recovery.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter [mailto:lecky_lists at nextra.sk]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:46 PM
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
Subject: Re: creating a speakup cli cd

Hi,
Few years ago i had a rip (recoveery is possible) distro with yasr. It is a cool distro because it contains many recovery tools. I was too lazy to update it so i have actually very old release (may be 3 years old) which does not work on new hardware. If you really want to make talking distro, then what about distro like rip or something similar? I am thinking about working on it, because i am actually admin again as i was few years ago, and talking distro like rip is very usefull if you have to recover data from crashed windows computers, change forgotten passwords in windows and so.
I can provide my old release, but as i said, it is really old.
With best
Peter