speakup and e-links

Don Raikes DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM
Tue Feb 5 11:28:06 EST 2013

Kirk,

Where can I find the Speakup manual so I can learn about some of these tricks?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirk Reiser [mailto:kirk at reisers.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:12 AM
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
Subject: Re: speakup and e-links

Hi There is an option show-cursor which you need to turn on so that the cursor will follow the links as you up and down arrow through the page.  You can turn it on before entering elinks with -show-cursor and then turn it on permanently inside elinks with the 'o' keystroke to go into the configuration system.  The configuration system is a little confusing until you become familiar with it.  You hit the spacebar to expand menu options and unexpand them the same way.  You use the tab key to move through your various menu options like add, delete, edit, search etc.

You may find numbering useful.  I do not.  I find the cursor works just fine for moving through the links on a page.  I have a lot of different options set but they are not to satisfy speakup just satisfy my particular preferences.  I've never turned on highlight tracking but some may find that useful.  Elinks is my main web browser or has been until we started writing wb.  It is a fine browser for what it does.

   Kirk

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013, Rob Hudson wrote:

> Documentation on these two together is pretty sparse. Any tips on settings in speakup and e-links to make them work better together?

Well that's it then, colour me gone!