some semi technical questions

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Dec 28 14:48:16 EST 2013

OK. I'm not trying to stop anything you have in mind. I'm simply trying
to suggest you consider the full panoply of available tools before
jumping in.

I understand Irssi already has sophisticated Windows support. But Live
Regions support in the accessibility APIs wasn't invented to provide
windows support where none existed. It was created to make those regions
more manageable for people using assistive technology, speech, braille,
magnification, alternative input, etc.

So, I don't understand why you're telling me Irssi already has Windows
support. Clearly, you're thinking that isn't enough, or you wouldn't be
brain storming adding some kind of functionality to make Irssi more
useful to screen reader users. Clearly, you don't think Irssi is enough
on its own.

Janina