Stopping speakup during boot into GUI

Scott D. Henning shenning at durango.net
Wed Dec 11 17:27:25 EST 2013

Hi,

Yes, I tried it really fast after it started. It stopped if I pressed
enter immediately. The system is running on a solid state hard drive and
is really fast to boot...something like fifteen seconds to GUI. So, your
advice worked, thanks.

Still no speech in TTY 3 and TTY 1 and 2 act like they are compiling
something and fail when tried. TTY 3 says espeakup is running, but?

I am looking for the file controlling booting and want to try booting
into console first, then up to GUI as needed. I am in the /boot
directory about to read files...I think for runlevel?

Scott

--
Scott D. Henning
Architectural Audio Design