speakup, audio solutions

Alonzo cuellar mariachiac at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 07:00:36 EST 2013

I understand. I never really figured out how to get rid of pulse audio on
fedora systems. I've always configured to use my arch installation with
alsa. I've not had a need for a second audio device. Though I do believe if
your doing some type of recording... A second audio device might be needed.
I think i read a few postings on how to disable pulse audio on Fedora a
while back. Which included touching
/usr/bin/pulseaudio
and removing pulseaudio and the pulse audio alsa plugins.
This is probably not the right way to do it though. I to rely on speakup
and haven't found a way to disable pulseaudio when installing fedora.
When I tried disabling pulse audio this way system audio would break and I
would not have speach.
Now if you have to configure aound.conf in /etc... I did not do so since I
only have one sound card on this system.
On my currently arch installation I have an .asoundrc file to have the
proper mic use for voice calls.
Any suggestions would be appreciated and perhaps I'll give fedora a try
once again.

Alonzo