Build Speakup Modules

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Mon Aug 26 22:14:22 EDT 2013

Correct. I spent a lot of time and effort in the past trying to get a pcie
serial card working with nothing to show for it. I even tried hard coding
the irq/ioport addresses and loading the speakup_acnt driver after the
card was initialized, but I still couldn't get it working.

I'm sure someone who knows there way around the kernel could get it
working, but no one was interested in working on this when I asked for
help. Sort of like how no one is interested in getting hardware synths
working properly now.  I believe most of the speakup developers use
software speech, so they likely have no motivation to work on hardware
speech.