Speakup Charactors-and-Slower ssh connections?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Thu Aug 22 13:50:13 EDT 2013

Well, seemingly the posting address of this list vanished from my pine
addressbook, so my posting of yesterday went in the Bermuda Triangle.
HAhaHAhaHA
OK, orriginally I had asked Kirk when the Speakup live discussion will be?  I
then mentioned I had edited charactors, to change pronunciations, now they say
dollar sign
number sign
niner
zee
percent sign
question mark
I ran a commands
speakupconf save&&speakupconf load
As another lister suggested, I edited these in sys accessabillity speakup
Funny thing is  orriginally the DecTalk finds a directory called comma  but
reading as individual charactors, its a quote sign, so I type
cd ""
then is says sys chime sys
So, once again now that these changes are active, I notice more slowing in an
ssh connect to shellworld.  We have seen this before, but I guess no1 else
notices this--and-they would seem completely separate functions.
Yes, still in Debian 2.6.32 with a DecTalk U S B.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart