Any News on cut-and-paste bug?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Apr 30 21:32:45 EDT 2013

Quite some months ago Bill Acker suggested I login as an
ssh localhost
on each console where I would want to cut-and-paste.  Well, actually unless
there were a way for this anoyance to just ruin 1 tty instead of freeze an
entire machine?  I also suppose having a script on bootup log us in a
localhost.
This bug just comes so suddenly, no warning--and-best as we can tell all
activity stops.
I realize-and-appreciate that we have an active community, many who are
knowledgeable, ETC.  But it almost seems Speakup may join YASR as having gotten
at a certain level-and-thats it.
I've been on this list since 2003, but now for `quite some time I still cannot
move up past 2.632 as I would have no DecTalk speech.  I think John Heim wrote
a patch to fix this, but I have no idea what steps will install?
And lastly, still about the DecTalk, if we can ever produce a log showing
commands which Speakup is sending, James says he can assist.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart