Dumb post to the Stargardts Facebook group

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Apr 11 03:19:19 EDT 2013

I can only comment on my own experiences, but I've always been good at
spelling.  I'm sure Braille has a lot to do with it, but I can't remember a
time before I knew Braille and I learned it at a young age.  I usually have
an idea or image in my mind of what a word in Braille should look like.  I
remember when first learning the computer thinking how odd it was that I had
to write out each individual letter instead of using grade II contractions.
  Other than that, all I can say is that I'm terrible at math and I've
always enjoyed English and literature.  I'm sure others have better
explanations, but I've always been gifted with good spelling.  I never use a
spellchecker because I don't need it.  The only regular errors I have is
when this stupid keyboard decides to not register a letter.  Better
keyboards don't have that problem.