speakup todo?

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Mon Sep 17 01:09:25 EDT 2012

On Sep 16, 10:35pm, "Littlefield, Tyler" wrote:
} Subject: Re: speakup todo?
} hello:
} Thanks for the info; I think my biggest issue is I really don't have
} systems with serial ports. Has anyone played with netconsole? apparently
} you can hook a system up over a crossover cable and send messages to it,
} but I'm not sure how well it works.
}
} On another unrelated note, I'm curious how you managed to install BSD;
} did you do something without a serial install?
	Typicaly, for my BSD installs, I do a serial console.  Recently, I did
a machine without a serial port.  In that case, I built a bootable USB
flash disk with all I needed, and had it startup an sshd on a known IP
address.  Once in, I can then run the system from there, and initialize the
hard drive, check all the drivers and make sure all will work before
building an installation on the hardware itself that will come up talking.
-Brian