Virtualbox and Windows

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Tue Sep 4 22:55:40 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 07:27:52PM -0600, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
> I'm not sure that vbox is all that amazing. It pretty much crashed
> on the Mac, and on Windows it runs everything ok, but speakup lags
> to hell. VMWare works much better with Speakup IMO.

Under what conditions did you find speakup lags? I'm typing right now
on a guest running under vbox using espeakup/speakup, and there is no
lag. This is on a windows host, and the processor is a single core
32-bit Intel Pentium IV at 2.20GHz. I'll agree with you that speakup
and orca lag when using VRDP to connect to the guest, but the vbox
devs say this is the fault of the M$ rdp client, and based on my
experience using rdesktop, I'd say they're probably right.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1