Speakup broken with kernel 3.4.x (ArchLinux users please read)

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Oct 22 00:14:59 EDT 2012

I'm not exactly which bug is which but I only know that on Arch Linux
as of this afternoon Oct 21, I'm running a 3.6.2 kernel and the one
bug I knew on my laptop involved pressing Shift + CapsLock to toggle
capitalization in Speakup would always crash before.  I am happy to
say that that doesn't crash anymore for me.  I don't have a num pad
here so can't verify the other speakup keys.  I pull from the Testing
repos so dunno if 3.6 is available to Arch users who don't pull from
testing.

So hopefully the light at the end of the tunnle is much brighter now.