TalkingArch image on a USB stick doesn't boot

Cleverson Casarin Uliana clcaul at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 10:15:27 EDT 2012

Dear, after downloading the last TalkingArch from July, I have burnt it
to my USB stick using the command:
dd if=TalkingArch-2012.07.23-netinstall-dual.iso of=/dev/sdc

When I try to boot inside it, it simply doesn't detect the stick as a
bootable device and falls back to the hard drive.

Likewise, I have used the Universal USB installer for Windows to create
a bootable USB stick using syslinux plus the TalkingArch iso file, but
when I'm going to boot, it displays a syslinux error like this: "Could
not find kernel image: /arch/boot/syslinux/whichsys.c32", with a
blinking cursor.

I have downloaded the image a second time to confirm it was not
corruppted, but results were the same. Has anyone succeeded to boot
inside this image?

Thank you,
Cleverson