hardware speech

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Oct 12 04:52:20 EDT 2012

On 10/12/2012 12:03 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Tony Baechler, le Thu 11 Oct 2012 19:01:36 -0700, a écrit :
>> The bad news is that hardware speech is broken in kernels after
>> Squeeze,
>
> ?? Is this really known by maintainers?

I think so, since it has to do with the kernel serial port issue.  There
seems to be nothing the kernel developers want to do to make Speakup work
with kernels after 2.6.38 or whatever it is.  I should add that I don't have
an internal synthesizer, so maybe those still work.  The poster didn't say
whether the Apollo is external or not.