yasr with speakup keystrokes ?

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Fri May 18 23:33:07 EDT 2012

Greetings,

Wouldn't it be possible to make a version of yasr
  yasr is a lightweight, portable screen reader. It works by
  opening a shell in a pty and intercepting all user input/output,
  maintaining a window of what should be on the screen by looking
  at the codes and text sent to the screen.
with the speakup keystrokes? preferably using the keypad
(though it might be hard to distinguish in a portable way
 between keypad keys and their non-keypad equivalents),
but at least with the laptop keybindings ?
I'd love to be able to run speakup in xterms, for example....

I can imagine it as a compile-time option for yasr, or
even as a command-line option or an environment variable.

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      pj at pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949