talking archlinux post installation question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Mar 30 17:06:22 EDT 2012

I did this on an amd64 athelon k8 machine with nvidia sound card video
output and ethernet card.  Once installation of archlinux was finished
using the current version of talking archlinux, and I rebooted the hard
drive spins up but no evidence that the sound card and speakers are even
working appears until I hit a key on the keyboard about a minute after the
disk spins up.  Once I hit a key, archlinux starts talking but only after
I hit a key.  So, I have a couple questions.  Is what I did properly
considered a successful installation, and if not what step did I leave out
of that installation which would have made archlinux talk at some point
during the boot up process without the necessity of touching the keyboard
first?