serial synths and speakup

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 27 17:40:12 EDT 2012

I'm guessing you mean speakup worked with software speech after you finished
the install.  I don't think speakup ever worked with serial synths since its
been in the kernel. With squeeze, you could install a package of kernel
modules. That package worked with serial synths.

I had to give up on wheezy because I couldn't get sound to work in gnome and
therefore couldn't use orca.  But speakup worked fine with software speech
and it worked with my hardware synth after I recompiled the kernel with my
patch.