speakup_dectlk broken on Linux kernel 2.6.38 and greater

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 6 09:27:03 EST 2012

I just wrote a patch for this over the weekend.  Give me 24 hours and I can
post it to this list. You'll need to compile a new kernel though.  Or, if
you're a debian user, you can try the 3.2.2 amd64 kernel package I built.

http://www.math.wisc.edu/~jheim/downloads/linux-image-3.2.2-08_3.2.2-08-10.00.Custom_amd64.deb

That package will only be useful to people running debian on 64 bit
machines.  I have no access to other flavors of linux but I can probably
make a 32 bit kernel by next weekend.

I created something of a stir on the linux-kernel list last weekend asking
about this bug. I hope Samuel isn't ticked off with me. More on that in
another message though.