DOC/DOCS viewing and editing

Doug Smith braillefingers at gmx.com
Fri Mar 2 16:25:09 EST 2012

Ok, folks, the more you talk about all these things, the
more desirous you make me for the good old days of the CLI
only.  Well, instead of sitting here, letting all those
nostalgic memories wash over me, I need to ask what to do
about one thing.

It seems the only thing that needs to be brought up to
keeping with the times is web browsing.  This is the only
reason I even have a gui component on this system.  If I
could do this with no gui, I would change as soon as I can
install the new system.

What do you do about web browsing, especially, when you
encounter a site where all kinds of graphical eye candy
prevent text-based browsers from working properly.  I don't
want that limitation, and I want all my original compute
power back so that I can just go on doing things on here and
not having to just do a subset of it.

Thanks

Doug Smith