serial ports

D. Curtis Willoughby ka0vba at dimcom.net
Thu Jul 12 15:51:30 EDT 2012

I have also made the mistake of buying a new computer without
making sure it had a motherboard serial port, and now have a
boat anchor.  The take away is never take the salesman's word
that a usb adapter or a pcie serial board will solve the
problem!

I think this means we will just have to forget about getting
the cheapest computer at the cheapest store.  This is not unlike
buying any other appliance for a blind person to use.

I have found a place that specializes in having or making the computer
that satisfys each customer's needs.  it is logic supply at:

http://logicsupply.com.

I have also found that many other vendors such as HP offer computers
with serial ports.  You just have to insist that a motherboard
serial port or serial header is not negociable.

One good way to get a bargin on a computer with serial ports is
to buy from a used computer store.

Good Luck!

D. Curtis Willoughby