espeakup/pulseaudio problem

Bohdan R. Rau ethanak at polip.com
Thu Jul 12 04:09:40 EDT 2012

 On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:42:21 +0200, Michał Zegan wrote:

> The result was that espeakup was working, but cutting ends of lines.

 It's old, very well known and never corrected (and probably not
 intended to be corrected) bug in pulseaudio.

> When I reset the system, then espeakup runs before pa and takes up
> alsa.

 Try start espeakup after pa start. There is a lot of bugs in Ubuntu
 espeakup and speechd-up configuration, so you probably should use
 update-rc.d and manually change espeakup priority.
 Or if you are really brave - see
 http://ubuntu.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=228&t=159265 (article in Polish).
 But be extremally carefull with this program, installation scripts makes
 many changes in configuration (switches console from UTF-8 to ISO-2,
 installs it's own keyboard, installs Polish speakup translation and
 something more). Contact me before installation.

 ethanak
--
 http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!