Buggy speakup on Ubuntu 12.04?

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1 303 722 7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Thu Jul 5 17:57:54 EDT 2012

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012, Chris Brannon wrote:

> "William F. Acker WB2FLW +1 303 722 7209" <wacker at octothorp.org> writes:
>
>>      Does this fix the 3.4 crashes? If so, what should we grab?
>
> It doesn't.  It's completely unrelated.
> I found the cause of the 3.4 crashes.  I sent a patch to fix it.
> Apparently, Alan Cox came up with a better one.  Neither has yet been
> applied to the kernel tree.

Hi, can you tell me where it goes? I ask because, in Fedora, we're now
getting Speakup as external modules via RpmFusion. Therefore, I'd like to
know whether I have to patch the kernel, or Speakup itself. In fact, if
you have access to Alan's patch, it would be cool if you'd send it to me.

           Thanks again and 73.
--
           Bill in Denver