Vinux burning problems

Glenn glennervin at cableone.net
Mon Jul 2 23:58:23 EDT 2012

Hi,
I have been trying to burn Vinux onto a CD, I am using the i386 desktop
version, the current stable release, I believe the number is 3.0.2.1.
It says on the site, that it is 698 MB in size.
I have been trying all day to burn it, and I am thinking that it is not a
problem at this end.
I have downloaded it twice to be sure.
When I read the properties of the file, it reads as 698 MB, but when I read
the status line when I am on the file, it reads:
715766 KB, which sounds like it is over 700 MB.
I have tried a number of burning programs, and they all say that there is
not enough space on the disk, I have tried 3 types of blank CDs that I have
here.
I burned the image to a USB thumb drive with Universal Pen drive, and it
booted okay.
With Nero, I set the over-write protection to on, and to off, and in either
case, I got the same result.
Any suggestions?
Glenn