Vinux - getting back to Gnome

Glenn GlennErvin at cableone.net
Fri Jan 27 23:46:45 EST 2012

ah! control + alt + F7 did the trick.
Thanks much.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert cole" <rkcole72984 at gmail.com>
To: <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: Vinux - getting back to Gnome

Hello, Glenn.

If I remember correctly, I believe that CTRL+ALT+Tab is what is used to
access the top panel in GNOME, unless I am mistaken.

Every Linux distro I have worked on uses CTRL+ALT+(F1 through F6) to
enter virtual terminals which are nothing more than a complete command
line environment, unlike the terminal window in GNOME which is (to my
remembrance) referred to as a terminal emulator. You should be able to
hit CTRL+ALT+F7 to get back to your graphical desktop environment.

Hope this helps.

Take care.