Speakup and serial adapter cards

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Tue Jan 24 13:58:08 EST 2012

I bought an Asus board last June that had the header, but I had to get a
custom cable built, as it was too far away for the standard cable.

I also have a pcie card that won't work with speakup. It boots with the
same irq and i/o address each time, which is not irq3 or 4. I tried
changing the irq and i/o address in the speakup code, but speakup still
won't work.

I'm just curious, do the active developers use software speech? If so,
this might explain why this issue isn't getting much attention.

Trevor