Cut-and-Paste Still Crashing my System

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jan 21 11:17:05 EST 2012

Wow, you know its funny, many months ago I began running 96 lines instead of
48.  At that time I had noticed I could only paste in 58 full lines of text.
When I mentioned that to Bill Acker, he said something about crashes.  Well, I
hadn't experienced those until maybe 3weeks ago.  I use cut-and-paste alot,
most to go to long urls to rip audio.  Well, this morning, still running Debian
2.6.32  I pasted in an url with quotes, completely frozen, had to hold down
power button.  We have tried multiple times going to a later kernel, but no
speech from DecTalk U S B.  I think I may be running Speakup 3.15?  I tried
running speakupconf --version  but cannot find anything other than a 1line
usage.
By chance, please, are their any ways around these crashes, or a general Linux
way of cut-and-paste?
Thanks in advance
Hart