ubuntu 11.10 speakup and orca don't work together

Justin Harford blindstein at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 23:00:12 EST 2012

Hey I found my bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/886700

here it is described exactly on the ubuntu 11.10 forums. I can proudly count myself as the third person in the world who experiences this error! Oh but alas, I cannot figure out how to vote for it. lol

So apparently this is a bug to do with alsa. Does this mean that I have to rout the sound on the desktop to pulseaudio? Could it be that I slipped something and set alsa as the sound manager instead of pulseaudio? I do not remember trying to do this, but maybe it's worth asking given the nature of the bug that I am experiencing.

What do you guys think?

Justin