using dd tfor backups

bigd bigd.vi.guy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:59:07 EST 2012

Hi,
As far as I know, you have to send the dd process a signal. After you start dd, make a note of it's process id (pgrep dd or similar), and run:
ps -usr1 7075
where 7075 is the actual process id (or pid) it gave you. Your dd should print something like: 493846+0 records in
493846+0 records out
252849152 bytes (253 MB) copied, 10.3979 s, 24.3 MB/s

HTH,
KJ4UFX
{.i doi .tcikoritys. mi cuxna ba'e do}