Anyone thought about raspberry pie?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:25:10 EST 2012

I didn't think Arch would run on Arm at all, since according to their
website, only x86 and x86_64 are supported, but apparently Raspberry Pie
will be supporting ArchLinux as soon as the board is released. As for
Speakup, since it is a set of Linux kernel modules, it should compile on
Arm with no problem. Also, as far as I know, eSpeak shouldn't have any
trouble compiling for Arm either, and this may have already been tested.
As far as I know, it runs successfully on most, if not all, Android
devices, and a quick Google showd an eSpeak Debian package for the Arm
architecture as well. And yes, for $35, I will probably be one of the
many of us who will play with this thing.
~Kyle