Anyone thought about raspberry pie?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:52:36 EST 2012

 From the website:

What Linux distros will be supported at launch?

Fedora, Debian and ArchLinux will be supported from the start. We hope
to see support from other distros later. (Because of issues with newer
releases of Ubuntu and the ARM processor we are using, Ubuntu can’t
commit to support Raspberry Pi at the moment.) You will be able to
download distro images from us as soon as the Raspberry Pi is released,
and we will also be selling pre-loaded SD cards shortly after release.

So if Arch and Debian are supported, Speakup modules or kernels compiled
with Speakup should run without issues. Some software speech
synthesizers may have memory issues, but eSpeak is sure to run, as it
has an extremely low memory requirement.

On a side note, I really want one of these things , and will likely
purchase one once the cases are available. Then I can try to get Talking
Arch running on it. I also wonder how easy it would be to get bluetooth
running on something like this. It looks like it would pair well with a
bluetooth keyboard and become a nice little portable computer. This
looks more and more like a fun little project to work on for very little
money. And with the right software, it will work better than most of
those notetaker thingies that still cost 100 times as much as this baby,
and that some people still buy for some reason. Smile.
~Kyle