still more on bug

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 15 17:53:03 EST 2012

From: "Deedra Waters" <deedra at the-brannons.com>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:34 PM

> I'm saying i know several who have worked on speakup over the years and
> the folks who've maintained it lately can't fix it/haven't been able to is
> probably the
> better wording here. As for me, no i'm no coder at all but saying i'd be
> willing to work on it if i could code my way out of a wet paper bag.

Well, don't be so negative, okay? First of all, the current group of
developers are smart guys. I'm not saying they'll have it tomorrow but they
may get around to it eventually. And if not, I'm sure someone will pick up
the ball. Heck, it might even be me.

> maybe you should tell del to start advertising the models with serial
> ports?:P point is like i said the machines i've gotten which are generally
> the shitmachines as i > call dells haven't had them:P

It might be a good idea for you to ask on this list for recommendations next
time you need to buy a new PC. Its not difficult to get a PC with a serial
port. Another suggestion I have is to check used computer stores. You might
be able to find a slightly older high-end model for cheap there. Of course,
there is also the option of building your own PC. I built my last two PCs
myself. Admittedly, that is not for the faint of heart.