more on speakup bug

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 7 18:20:19 EST 2012

All,

I am getting the same error message when trying to load the speakup_apollo
module that I got when trying to load the speakup_ltlk module. The syslog
has a line that says "Trying to free nonexistent resource".  I don't have an
apollo synth but I don't think its even getting to the point of not finding
that particular synth.

This bug happens only on 64 bit hardware. Is anyone successfully using a
2.6.39 or greater kernel with a hardware speech synthesizer on a 64 bit
machine? It looks to me as if this bug should effect more than the
speakup_ltlk module.

It happens with a stock debian 2.6.39 kernel , a grml 3.1 kernel, and a
3.2.2 kernel I compiled myself.